- 500g venison stir-fry strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp water
Rustle up this quick and easy Chinese-inspired venison stir-fry in under 20 minutes. Packed with vitamins, protein and flavour, this recipe will see you through the end of that long day.
- Cook the noodles, following the instructions on the packet.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil to a wok or deep frying pan over high heat.
- Add the venison strips and fry until brown. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the empty pan to the heat and add the pepper and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and spring onion and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sauce and the meat to the pan and cook for 1 minute until glossy.
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately